Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Only You - A card from Matt






I was just looking through an expandable folder full of the notes I wrote to Matt in high school. I can't even believe he kept them. There are also some cards in there - all of them but one are from me to Matt. There is one in there from Matt to me on Valentine's Day 2006.

This is what he wrote in it:

Stephanie,
The past 13 and a half months have been amazing. The precious moments we've shared are unforgettable, & I cherish them so much! I love you with all my heart & soul, & will do so until I die, as well as in Heaven. Thank you for, well.... YOU!!

I couldn't have found this card at a better time.








3 comments:

  1. This post gave me chills over my entire body, as do many of your entries. I am so sorry for your loss but am grateful for you that he leaves you signs that he is with you. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing he is surrounding you with love and guiding you. I have never seen so many signs as what you have explained. May you continue to find the strength to make it through each day. You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph~ When my father passed away i was so looking for a sign that he was with me. I also found a card that among other things ending with "I'm always here for you". So powerful the things God brings into your life just when you need them. Thank you for sharing this journey and so many wonderful stories...You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete