Monday, January 9, 2012

Today is the first day of my new chapter

Here I sit on campus, eating lunch and blogging. I will start studying after this. But I just had to. My next class is downtown at 4:00... chemistry! I just got done with my psych class which I think will go well. It feels so weird being back here. Of course, I'm thinking about Matt a lot today. This is where we both went to school when we started dating again. It's a good kind of weird.

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD all ye lands" reads the clock tower on campus. Psalm 100:1 I know I've seen that before but... I like it.

I tried to stop by the art gallery where I used to work to say hello and see if anyone there is still the same, lol. It was closed. I will try again after I go to the bookstore. I'm going to finish my lunch, go to the bookstore, say hello to my old co-workers who likely have no clue what is going on with my life these days... and then head downtown to print off chem notes and start reading that.

I chose to wear Matt's cross today. I forgot to put it on before I went to bed last night for the first time... and I had a VERY creepy nightmare involving him. What a coincidence that was. I figured I'd wear it today to make up for that... and because I just want to with it being the first day of classes and all. But that nightmare I had was actually Matt scaring me and it was not a good thing at all. I woke up scared and wished he was there for me to snuggle like the good old days when a bad dream woke me up in the middle of the night.

I'm giving myself until I'm done eating to mess around with blogs. It's my lunch break. :) Tomorrow is my early day; my bio lecture starts at 8:30. That means I have to leave the house by 7:15.

Good things:

1) The Broncos won (that means more Tebow)
2) This salad is amazing
3) My psych professor seems pretty cool
4) New life has commenced

I guess that's it. I hope the kids are adjusting well to daycare. I worry about Chloe more than Noah. She is a feisty one... doesn't take a bottle... wants to be held most of the time... doesn't take a nap unless she's nursing or held... and I worry about how long my boobs are going to hold out without pumping. I hate pumping. But I also hate plugged ducts more (OUCH). We'll see.

Okay, I'm nearing the end of my salad... I am going to read! It's kind of difficult to read with conversations and lectures going on in the background... I need to fine-tune my ability to tune that out. I guess the library would be a better place. Oh well. It's cool.

I was so nervous this morning on my way in. I felt almost as nervous as I did on my wedding day. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment