Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another milestone

I went to a wedding. I was late to the ceremony but that was simply meant to be. It just so happened that my makeup artist was running a little behind schedule because she was doing makeup for a wedding party so that set me behind by about 15 minutes. I was truly not too worried about it. At all. I was able to sneak in unnoticed during the homily. So that probably spared me a few tears. I managed to hold it in... barely. And I could not look anywhere but at the pew in front of me during the vows and pretty much everything else. I just kept repeating over and over in my head, "Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together...". Since I was holding back tears, my nose started running instead. I brought a handkerchief in preparation. I would say overall... that was just short of torture. Perhaps it will get better with time... ?

Then I may or may not have had about four glasses of wine at the reception. And then went downtown afterwards. When the clock struck 12:00, it was the four-month anniversary of Matt's death.

I don't feel very "writey" tonight. It's getting late. Overall, the two things that summed up my weekend were white zinfandel and retail therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment